Available: 50g only.
Premium 100% organic mate, liquorice root, nettle leaves, peppermint leaves, lemongrass, linden blossoms and green tea, with natural flavouring (50g)
Recommended brewing: filtered fresh water at 100c for 3-4 mins. Each amount of tea may be used up to 3 times in the same cup or pot.
Ayurveda is an ancient health care tradition that’s been practised in India for over 5,000 years and originates from the two Sanskrit words: ayus (life) and veda (science or knowledge). As the holistic practice of using natural herbs and spices to balance the mind, body and spirit, ingredients of this loose tea jar gives the following benefits:
- Mate has many different phytochemicals such as polyphenols, chlorogenic acid and caffeoyl derivatives that make it a beneficial antioxidant.
- Licorice is an excellent detox drink which can help cleanse the body’s system while simultaneously strengthening the liver and kidneys, detoxifying metal and chemical contaminations in the system.
- Nettle has been known to gently cleanse the body of toxins. As a diuretic substance, it can also ensure that those toxins being neutralized in the body are then eliminated quickly. It also stimulates the lymphatic system, helping to rid the body of excess toxins in the kidneys as well.
- Lemongrass has been used as a detoxifier in several countries to detox the digestive tract, liver, kidneys, bladder, and pancreas. Because it works as a diuretic, consuming lemongrass will help flush harmful toxins out of the body.
- Linden neutralizes free radicals. Antioxidant compounds like quercetin and kaempferol both act as free radical scavengers, eliminating these harmful byproducts. It is particularly effective for protecting the skin against signs of aging and exposure to the sun as you age.
- Green tea is loaded with antioxidants. These free-radical fighting substances increase the body’s ability to ward off disease and slow down the degenerative processes of aging. It contains catechins and polyphenols, forms of antioxidants known to stop the response associated with damaged DNA and high cholesterol.