Tea Type: Black Tea
Tea Region: Yunnan Province, China
- Appearance: Transluscent, orange, golden, brown coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Woody (eucalyptus), floral (violet), gamy (leathery), earthy, smoky.
- Flavour: Woody (eucalyptus), honey, floral (lavender), fruity, leathery and cacao notes. Distinctive eucalyptus note in the finish leaves the palate refreshed.
- Mouthfeel: Complex liquor with a velvety mouthfeel. Fine acidity adds more vibrancy to the liquor while delicate astringency contributes to the body.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 416
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Yunnan Purple Buds is a variety of Dian Hong black teas from Yunnan Province in China, which is known as the birthplace of tea. Yunnan Province is the southwest frontier of China that borders with Vietnam, Laos, Burma and Tibet and it is a well-known region for rich biodiversity. In particular, misty mountains and winding rivers in the region provide an ideal habitat for tea bushes.
The purple bud varietal is a rare breed found in Yunnan Province. The leaves of this breed have a distinctive purple and burgundy hue, caused by naturally occurring Anthocyanin in the cultivar. Anthocyanin is the chemical component which gives the purple colour of blueberries and is known as a powerful source of antioxidants. Due to the rarity of the purple bud varietal, puerh and black teas made from the purple bud varietal are precious and highly sought-after by tea connoisseurs.
When brewed, our Yunnan Purple Buds offers a highly complex, lively liquor with a distinctive concoction of flavours ranging from eucalyptus, honey, floral (lavender), peach notes. The harmony between fruity sweetness, fine acidity and delicate astringency renders a great structure to the liquor while the eucalyptus note lingers long on the palate with a refreshing mouthfeel.
A fantastic black tea with great complexities and depth. Highly Recommend to the lovers of fine second flush Darjeeling as well. If you enjoyed our second flush Darjeeling Turzum Himalayan Mystic, you may well find this complex black tea absolutely delightful.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.
If you like this product you may also like Sun Moon Lake Red Jade, Sanxia Honey Black, Golden Monkey and 10 Years Aged Cooked Puerh.