Tea Type: Black Tea
Tea Region: Jing Mai Mountain, Yunnan Province, China.
- Appearance: Clear, amber gold coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Woody, honeyed, floral, cinnamon, dried fruit notes with a subtle hint of cocoa.
- Flavour: Honey, floral (peony), woody, leathery, dried fruit (dates, persimmon) and cinnamon notes.
- Mouthfeel: Very smooth, palatable liquor with a velvety mouthfeel. The balance between fine astringency and acidity renders a great structure to the liquor.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 413
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Yunnan Black Needle is a variety of Dian Hong black teas from Yunnan Province in China, which is known as the birthplace of tea. Yunnan Province is the southwest frontier of China that borders with Vietnam, Laos, Burma and Tibet and it is a well-known region for rich biodiversity. In particular, misty mountains and winding rivers in the region provide an ideal habitat for tea bushes.
Yunnan Black Needle is made from the tea leaves, which have grown in the high altitude of Jing Mai Mountain in Yunnan Province. Beautifully crafted into a flat needle shape, the tea offers a wonderfully smooth and balanced liquor with honey, floral (peony), woody, leathery, dried fruit (dates, persimmon) and cinnamon notes. The liquor being very smooth and low in tannin, it is a tea that can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.
If you like this product you may also like Wild Arbor Dian Hong, Black Forest, Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong and Balhyocha.