Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Intense, vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Delicately sweet and nutty with a hint of almond milk and marzipan.
- Flavour: Sweet, intense umami, avocado, almond milk, buttered steamed greens notes with a creamy, nutty finish evocative of almond based desserts such as calisson.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, creamy liquor with lingering nutty sweetness in the finish. Absolute absence of bitterness.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Plack 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 70ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
- NB. This guidance is for the preparion of Usucha (thin and mild Matcha). To prepare Koicha (thick and strong Matcha), follow the same steps, but double the amount of Matcha. Unlike Ushucha, Koicha will not become foamy while whisking.
Reference: Op. 304
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha Eroica comes from an award-winning, historical tea garden in Uji, Japan, where many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce the best Matcha throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
Made from carefully grown tea leaves of the unique Narino cultivar, an indigenous tea cultivar exclusively grown in Uji, Matcha Eroica has won the award from the Ministry of agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in 2010. If you're used to top quality competition grade Matcha to make Koicha, you'll notice our Matcha Eroica is in a class of its own and it is indeed the top of the cream Matcha that really impress any discerning matcha drinker with its incredibly intense, umami flavour. This is a highly rare, top class, single-cultivar matcha that show its full potential when it's made in to Koicha, as it's absolutely lacking in bitterness and still tastes so smooth and umami, which feels like drinking melted dark chocolate.
Matcha Eroica offers an incredibly mellow, creamy liquor with rich, umami, nutty flavours, evocative of avocado and almond milk. There is absolutely no presence of bitterness at all in this sublime Matcha. For Matcha connoisseurs, we highly recommend trying to experience the difference of our top ceremonial grade Matcha - Matcha Eroica, Matcha Okunoyama, Matcha Asahi and Matcha Samidori.
A phenomenal Matcha that will be highly appreciated by Matcha connoisseurs.
Matcha tea production is an incredibly labour-intensive work and in order to make 40g of fine Matcha tea powder, Tencha (i.e. the base material loose leaf green tea for Matcha) needs to be ground for an hour.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-6 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
Health Benefits of Matcha
Matcha is one of the superfoods known to be highly rich in antioxidants and amino acids. Explore our range of top ceremonial grade Matcha to find your favourite daily matcha and enhance your daily vitality. Our Matcha will be your perfect daily companion to boost your immune system and sense of well-being.
FIND PERFECT A MATCHA BOWL >>.
SHOP CHASEN >>.
BUY CHASHAKU >>.