Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 90℃. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Appearance: Transluscent, orange brown coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Floral (orange blossom, osmanthus), fruity (peach, orange), caramel aromas on a vanilla, toasty background.
- Flavour: Floral (orange blossom, osmanthus), fruity (peach, apricot), caramel (butterscotch), brioche, vanilla notes on the charcoal-woody background.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied, lively, complex liquor with refreshing mouthfeel. The fruity-woody finish lingers long in the palate.
Reference: Op. 110
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Golden Water Turtle (aka. Shui Jin Gui) is one of the four legendary oolong teas (i.e. Da Hong Pao, Bai Ji Guan, Tie Luo Han, Shui Jin Gui) from Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China. According to a folklore, Golden Water Turtle oolong tea has got its name because of this cultivar's distinctive appearance which has long and arrow shaped leaves and branches that were believed to resemble an algae-covered longevity water turtle.
Due to its very special terroir, Golden Water Turtle oolong tea is also known as "Yancha", literally meaning "Rock Tea", because the rocky soil of Wuyi mountain nourishes the tea bushes hence a distinctive mineral note is often found in the liquor of Golden Water Turtle oolong tea. Using the hand-picked, tender, spring tea leaves of old tea bushes, our Golden Water Turtle has been artfully crafted and meticulously charcoal-roasted. The result is an incredibly complex, aromatic infusion with a bright, orange brown colour that magnificently mingles fragrant floral (osmanthus, orange blossom), fruity (peach, orange), caramel, brioche and vanilla flavours. The delicate charcoal roasting has been masterly done not to cover up the natural citrus fruity character of the original Shui Jin Gui cultivar.
A truly impressive signature Wuyi Rock oolong Tea with depth and complexity.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol. nd cholesterol.
If you like this product you may also like Iron Goddess Mercy, Golden Peony, White Leaf Moonlight Dancong and Osmanthus Baozhong.