Cherries from Kinyovu were carried on the head by farmers to the processing station where they sort the cherries with the farmers. The cherries are then submerged in water to remove any floating cherries and weighed for payment.
Cherries selected for fermentation are placed in sealable containers for 90 hours before being placed in the sun for drying and sorting. To ensure consistent drying, the cherries are covered with shade during peak sun time. After 26-30 days, the cherries have sufficiently dried and are removed to storage for rest.
Due to the lack of large amounts of water, all of the lots produced in Ruganda are produced naturally.
- Flavour: Jasmine, cranberries, peaches and lavender
- Origin: Karongi District, Rwanda
- Varietal: Red Bourbon and Jackson
- Process: Natural / Fermented 90h
- Altitude: 1700 - 1900 metres above sea level
- Cupping score: 90