The Tángara is a brightly coloured bird, characterised by its metallic turquoise-blue face and breast, found throughout the remote highlands of El Triunfo Biosphere Reserve.
El Triunfo Biosphere is a protected area of close to 120 thousand hectares. It represents the very last of the Central American cloud forest, where naturally occurring condensation is trapped by the forest, giving life to a large number of plant and animal species. Southern and northern species co-exist here, attracted to the area’s natural richness.
El Triunfo, Spanish for Triumph, is a small cooperative comprised of 448 small coffee farmers. They focus on the organic production of coffee, and are Fairtrade certified.
The Triunfo Verde Group devote an important part of their resources to training their members in how to protect the environment and to develop and implement best organic production practices. Ultimately, they aim to receive a better price for their coffee which will allow them to continue to invest in protecting the Triunfo Biosphere.
This is a great all-round coffee, equally delicious as Espresso, Filter or French Press. The milk chocolate, prune syrup, biscuits and soft body make for a balanced cup.
- Flavours: Milk chocolate, prune syrup, biscuits, soft body & balanced
- Origin: Jaltenango, Chiapas, Mexico
- Producer: Tangara, 40 small-scale producers members of the Triunfo Verde Group
- Variety: Bourbon, Typica, Caturra, Mundo Novo
- Process: Fully washed and traditionally fermented for 20-24 hours at each farm
- Altitude: 1300 - 1500 metres above sea level