La Estrella del Ostro means Star of the Southerly Wind in Spanish.
The bright star shines just above the mountain range where this coffee is grown. On a clear night, it points towards the top of the mountain in La Plata.
La Estrella del Ostro is a Colombian speciality coffee grown by various small-scale coffee growers located in the southern region of La Plata, Huila. These small-scale producers all share the same microclimates favourable for cultivating the highest quality coffee. There are only 500 bags produced each year.
This is a great coffee, particularly enjoyable as a Filter or French Press. However, it still makes a fantastic Espresso. There are floral, apricot and red berry notes, pastry and caramel tones with an overall melon sweetness. All in a round body and balanced cup.
- Flavours: Florals, caramel, pastry, apricots, red berries, melon sweetness & round body
- Origin: La Plata, Huila, Colombia
- Producer: La Estrella del Ostro, about 50 small coffee producers that are part of the Coffee Belén Association.
- Varietal: Caturra, Castillo, Tipica
- Process: Naturally fermented in cement tanks for 12-24 hours and then fully washed
- Altitude: 1600-2000 metres above sea level