Available: 50g only.
Premium 100% organic green tea, liquorice root, peppermint leaves, pineapple, lemongrass, mate, ginger, pink pepper, lemon peel and chilli, with natural flavouring (50g)
Recommended brewing: filtered fresh water at 100c for 3-4 mins. Each amount of tea may be used up to 3 times in the same cup or pot.
Ayurveda is an ancient health care tradition that’s been practised in India for over 5,000 years and originates from the two Sanskrit words: ayus (life) and veda (science or knowledge). As the holistic practice of using natural herbs and spices to balance the mind, body and spirit, ingredients of this loose tea jar gives the following benefits:
- Liquorice enhances immunity by boosting levels of interferon, a key immune system chemical that fights off viruses. It also contains powerful antioxidants as well as certain phytoestrogens that can perform some of the functions of the body's natural estrogens; very helpful during the menopause.
- Green Tea boosts energy and immunity as it contains bioactive compounds that function as powerful antioxidant, reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage.
- Peppermint has known antibacterial properties against bacteria.
- Pineapples boost metabolism of both fat and carbohydrates.
- Lemongrass has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help your body cope with illness. Plus, it is loaded with vitamin C that boosts your immune system to fight infection.
- Mate is well known for providing an energy boost that’s been described as gentle, clean, and calm. Compared to the other most commonly used stimulants in the world — coffee, tea, kola nut, cocoa and guarana — yerba mate reportedly delivers the most balanced energy boost.
- Ginger is antibacterial, antifungal and boosts the immune system by breaking down the accumulation of toxins in your organs. It’s also known to cleanse the lymphatic system.